Brazing question to fill small holes in the body... Help!

General Discussion. Make yourself at, ask and answer!

Settled In
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:17 pm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:17 am
Hi. I was not sure if this was a welding question, or a body question, so I posted it in both. I am wondering which type of brazing rod is best to use when filling gaps in the bodywork. I know they used to use lead in the old days, but its just not an option for me. I want to fill out a few small holes in the body where the sandblast blew through, and I don't want to use my Mig cause it'll burn through. Should I use brass or bronze brazing rods? I was told that bronze is easier to use, but brass is stronger. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!


Return to Body and Paint

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 43 guests